Friday, February 27, 2009

Almost March

Yo.

I changed the name of my blog due to what I consider the increasing tiny-ness of the interwebs.

I have a blog here and then there is facebook and then there are various other places where I hang my hat and things were starting to feel cramped and exposed at the same time.

So now I have a little more anonymity and only the people I want to be here will be here. I hope.

And almost no one is going to really understand the last three paragraphs. In which case, the rest of this is for you!

UPDATES!

Weekend Update:

Pat and I are off to Sudbury for the weekend. It was Rodney's birthday on the 25th and we are going up to celebrate it with him this weekend. Except not the bowling part because I despise bowling. The only thing good about bowling is that you can drink there but in that case let's just go somewhere and drink. Hate. Bowling.

I'm looking forward to seeing my family however. Yay family!

March Break Update:

It looks like we are 90% going to the East coast for the break to visit Diane and Marla. Our plan is to drive the entire way in one shot. It's about 15-16 hours which we did with no problem when we used to drive from Fort to Sudbury for major holidays. I'm excited. Diane and Marla came to see us over Christmas this year. And I appreciate the effort that it took to do that.

Easter Update:

We're going to be out of town. Details to follow.

Cat Update:

Freyja just came home from getting spayed and declawed. She seems to be doing great. She will come with us to Sudbury for the weekend. My mom loves having her around and she loves my mom's dog so somehow it all works out.

Slick's health is improving. He was having some various serious health issues around Christmas. He pulled out all the hair on his stomach. He was taking anti-anxiety pills daily. He also had some bad results in his blood tests. Since then we have changed his food, he is down to taking anti-anxiety medication every second day and some of his hair has grown back. He needs to have more blood tests next month and we are hoping for positive results.

The Cheat is The Cheat. She's lost a little bit of weight but otherwise continues to be the cat with the least amount of problems, must be because of her super cool name!

Job Update:

Nothing yet but I am currently waiting to hear about a job that I am *VERY* interested in so please send thoughts/prayers/vibes. Whatever.

Also, I have another job thingee that I'm not going to talk about yet but I am also *VERY* excited about this. It's sort of a collaboration project that will prove fruitful for all parties involved. I'm very optimistic.

Pat:

Pat continues to love his job. He has a volleyball tournament tonight which sucks because IT'S FRIDAY! But today is the last day so yay. His report cards are due on Monday and he is about 95% complete. So that's good since we are going away this weekend.

4 comments:

  1. You should still come to the bowling alley to see Staysha and Zander bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Slick's anxiety from the move, do you think? Will Freyja go out East with you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you
    Praying for Slick
    I'm glad Freyja's doing OK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The vet told us that the stress was for many reasons:

    1. Pat left.
    2. I packed up everything.
    3. Spook died.
    4. I got a new kitten.
    4. We moved.
    5. New house.

    He's always been an anxious, high stress cat and all of that pushed him over the edge. We actually thought we might have to get him put down (which is a horrible option) but that was one of the vet's suggestions if the medication didn't work.

    We hope that Freyja is coming to the east coast with us, dependent on what Diane and Marla say. They are fairly easygoing pet-wise. So that's cool.

    ReplyDelete